Self care has become very important to me over the last few months. I’ve been going none stop since August (which is why there aren’t a lot of posts yet; I am in a busy rut that will hopefully pass in the next month or so) so I need a variety of ways to relax and de-stress.
I have horrible anxiety yet i decided to take a retail job I thought was going to be part time that is actually full time along with a part time freelance business and a part time insurance receptionist job.
What is self care?
Self care is the care provided by you for yourself. It is the importance of knowing what you need and doing activities that help nurture you. Self care is a way of treating yourself, kind of the way you treat others.
What are ways you can practice self care:
- Take a bath
- Try yoga
- Bake up a new recipe
- Try doing a 15 minute meditation
- Do something creative
- Read a book
- Go for a walk (without your phone)
- Turn off your phone for an hour or so
- Get a manicure/pedicure
- Take a little nap to recharge
- Watch your favorite movie
- Binge on a bowl of ice cream
- Buy yourself a new outfit
- Note 10 things you are grateful for in that moment
- Buy yourself flowers (flowers always put me in a good mood. The colors are so pretty to look at)
- Call your bestie and have a lunch date
- Get rid of 2 things you don’t use anymore
- Repeat positive affirmations (I love doing this every morning myself)
I love taking a bath with one of Lush’s new bubble bars, it helps me relax at the moment and it makes my skin feel so soft, which makes me feel great all day or night. On days I need to give my endlessly wondering mind I will read a book (I’ve been reading self help books lately. That and freelancing books to up my game) to give my brain something else to focus on other than my not so great decisions.
There are so many ways you can self care for yourself, anything that makes you happy and sets your mind at ease. We all need to take a little break from the madness that this loud life has to offer us.