I am not a good breakfast eater. I have to be awake for awhile before I am even hungry. I feel a little nauseous if I make myself eat in the mornings when I’m not hungry.
I know to get my metabolism jump started I need to eat a little something. I love breakfast bars but I don’t love what’s in them most of the time.
I personally think this recipe is the holy grail of all healthy breakfast balls (I’ve also been called a liar, but this one is SO good!) Because with honey, peanut butter, & rolled oats as the base – what’s not to love??
I will be eating these (on the way) at work so I didn’t want to make them as bars so I decided to roll them into bite size balls. They can be stored a lot easier and they’re perfect for popping one in your mouth at the desk or in commute.
1 cup of honey
3/4 cup of peanut butter
2 1/2cups of rolled oats
Dark chocolate chunks
1. Put the peanut butter and honey in a medium mixing bowl.
2. Place in microwave and heat for 15 seconds. (You want to soften the ingredients together rather than melt them)
3. Throughly mix honey and peanut butter until well blended.
4. Add in the oats, then fold into peanut butter and honey mixture. (a cup at a time helps to blend all the ingredients throughly)
5. Place mixture onto wax paper and spread about 1/2 an inch. (You can also used a greased rectangle pan)
6. Set in fridge for 5-6 hours to let the bar set.
7. Use a spoon to measure the amount of the bar you desire.
8. Use spoon or hands to roll into bite sized balls.
If you think you’d like this recipe please share it on Twitter or Pinterest! I’d love to know if you give it a try too!