I had a craving for some meat! So I decided I’d cook, since it had been awhile, It turned out to be a great idea! The day was rainy and lazy so i whipped up some homemade horseradish sauce for the side too. I have a love hate relationship with horseradish sauce though.
I made fingerling potatoes and snow peas for the sides, which we quickly gobbled up.
Herb Crusted Flank Steak
2 tsp rosemary, finely minced
2 tsp thyme, finely minced
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
3 Tbsp olive oil
1 tsp each salt and pepper
2 lbs flank steak
1. Chop the rosemary, thyme, and tarragon for the marinade. Next, mince some garlic, and add it to your herbs.
2. Drizzle in the olive oil and add pepper flakes, salt and pepper. Stir well.
3. Lay the flank steaks out over plastic wrap and pour the marinade right over. Rub in the marinade all over with your hands, make sure you don’t miss a spot.
4. Grill the steaks about five minutes on each side (for a beautiful medium steak).
5. Slice it into strips on a platter and serve.
This is a great weeknight meal and can be mixed with a little wine. I love shedding a busy day starting with dinner, a glass of wine, then a shower before bed.